ABA Behavior Technician-Mesa
The BRIEF Behavior Technician is responsible for the students enrolled in the BRIEF Early Intervention Program under the direct supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). This program is designed to increase verbal, social, and group participation behaviors and reduce the undesirable behavior of students (ages 3-5) in preparation for a traditional learning setting. With the support of a BCBA, BRIEF Behavior Technicians will provide both group and one-to-one behaviorally based treatments as determined by function-based assessments. A BRIEF Behavior Technician should be enthusiastic about continued growth in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and passionate about working to change the lives of young children.
- Implementation of individualized Behavior Support Plans
- Implementation of teaching strategies such as Discrete Trial Training (DTT) and Natural Environment Teaching (NET)
- Data collection in various settings and formats
Monday – Friday 8 am – 1:00 pm; afternoon scheduling is based on client schedules.
The Behavior Technician reports to the direct supervisor and clinical supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, 1 year of full-time experience implementing behavioral interventions, or
- Associate’s degree, 2 years of full-time experience implementing behavioral interventions, or
- High School Diploma and 4 years of full-time experience implementing behavioral interventions
The Behavior Technician must be able to demonstrate that they have strong collaborative skills as they are a part of a team, problem-solving skills that will assist with the success of the child and family, effective people skills as this is a service oriented environment, verbal and written communication skills, and organizational skills that support a multi-tasking position.
- Basic computer & internet knowledge; MS Word
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have a valid Arizona driver's license and a clean 39-month MVR
- CPR and first aid certification
- Valid fingerprint clearance card
- Must complete and maintain all RBHA training requirements
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Lifting up to 30 pounds may be necessary
- Completing all components of Safety-Care training
- Push, pull, reach, stoop, and bend
- Physically assist the client per need
- Walking stairs
- Walking and standing for long periods of time
- Stamina to play various outdoor games
- Capability to run short distances
- Ability to sit on the floor to play games or assist when needed
Job Status: Full Time