Assistant Preschool Teacher: 1's Classroom
Are you dependable, flexible, creative, and naturally motivated to serve children?
If so, come join our team
At S.E.E.K. Arizona Early Learning Center, our vision is to strengthen families and communities by helping people be their best selves, through dignity and acceptance.
As an Assistant Preschool Teacher you will be responsible for developing and implementing an ongoing program of activities that promote the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of each child enrolled in a group, in accordance with Arizona State Standards and Quality First guidelines.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work cohesively and creatively alongside the Lead Teacher(s) to develop weekly plans and activities.
- Responsible for implementation of High Scope curriculum along with state licensing performance standards, policies and procedures, regulations and guidelines in the day-to-day operation of our early learning center. This will include developmentally appropriate practices.
- Set up and maintain a well-organized, safe, and attractive classroom environment conducive to the optimal growth and development of children.
- Develop a positive relationship with each child and promote the development of self-esteem and self-discipline.
- Establish a positive relationship with each child’s family and share information about the child’s day at the Center.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Highschool Diploma or equivalent
- 1 Year minimum experience working in a daycare or preschool setting
- Provide person-centered services by putting the interests of the individual receiving support at the center of everything you do.
- Integrated efforts by caring for a person through a team approach, effectively communicating needs, outcome information, and working together to develop better supports.
- Evidence-based knowledge in your decision-making processes involving care and support.
- Demonstrate compassion to others by being understanding and sensitive to their needs, and act empathetically to where they are at in their life.
- Ability to display integrity by maintaining a high level of professionalism, honesty, and fairness in your relationships.
- Respect individual needs and expectations to be able to provide quality care.
- Build community by ensuring those around you feel valued as members, you celebrate their differences, and you embrace it by giving back.
Benefits and Perks:
S.E.E.K. Arizona has 4 health plans to choose from; plus dental, vision, pet care, and AFLAC. We match your 401k contributions, invest in your continuing education and provide opportunities for tuition reimbursement. Monthly potlucks and continuous training!