Assistant Preschool Teacher: 2's Classroom
The Assistant Teacher is responsible for the children in the Early Learning Center (ELC) under the direction of the Lead Teacher. The ELC uses the High Scope curriculum aligned with the Arizona Early Learning Standards in the areas of social, emotional development, language and literacy, mathematics, science, social studies, physical development and fine arts. The ELC provided individualized learning for every child, accepts children with diverse backgrounds, and supports all levels of skills and abilities.
- Lead centers, small or large groups under the direction of the Lead.
- Assist in the implementation of the daily lesson plans.
- Open flow of communication with ELC team and Director.
- Create a safe learning environment.
- Attend to children’s basic needs: feeding, dressing, and changing their diapers as appropriate.
- Data collection for each child’s portfolio.
- Maintaining DHS guidelines of health and sanitation.
- Maintain Quality First policies and procedures.
- Greet parents. If parents have any concerns, re-route parents to discuss their concerns to Lead Teacher.
- Attend training and ongoing professional development.
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Willing to work in all classrooms as needed.
- Clean and sanitize toys, materials, plush toys, table and chairs. Adhere to cleaning checklist.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Reliable, responsible and resourceful.
- Self-starter and self-directed within a team setting.
- Age appropriate tasks/developmental skills for children.
- Flexible and passionate about working with all children.
- Able to create a nurturing and inviting environment.
- Ability to set healthy boundaries for self, staff and children.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED with 6 months’ experience.
- First Aid and CPR certification.
- Fingerprint clearance.
- Food Handler’s certification
- Tuberculosis (TB) Clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: GUjQHMwOAc