Assistant Teacher (1's classroom)
S.E.E.K. Early Learning Center is a small school with big ambitions. Our early education specialists and teaching staff are highly qualified professionals who share S.E.E.K. Early Learning Center’s mission to make our community a better place through high quality, inclusive education. We are a three-star rated school with Quality First.
- Are you creative, compassionate and dedicated?
- Do you have a positive attitude and a happy disposition?
- Are you looking to belong to a school that is committed to providing the best possible learning environment for children, families and teachers?
- Are you looking for administrators that support, value and understand what is needed to succeed in the classroom?
If so, come join our team!
Assistant Teacher Daily Responsibilities:
- Meet the individual needs of the children.
- Participate in staff and training meetings.
- Design an appropriate room arrangement to support the goals and developmental level of the children in the classroom.
- Interact with the children during worktime to support play, exploration, learning and problem solving.
- Present expectations that are appropriate to the child’s age and developmental level.
- Communicate appropriately and professionally with parents and fellow staff.
- Build teamwork.
- Assist with daily anecdotal record taking, observations and preparing student portfolios.
- Commit to continuing education.
- Adhere to DHS and Quality First guidelines
Assistant Teacher Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- Prior childcare experience
- Positive and upbeat attitude
- Passion for teaching young children
- Nurturing and loving style
- Reliable, responsible and focused
- Strong team player
- First Aid and CPR certified
- Fingerprint Clearance certification
- Food Handler’s card
- Tuberculosis clearance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Pay: $10.75 to $11/hour
Job Status: Full Time