Assistant Toddler Teacher
Are you dependable, flexible, creative, and naturally motivated to serve children?
If so, come join our team!
At S.E.E.K. Arizona our vision is to strengthen families and communities by helping people be their best selves, through dignity and acceptance. We are a person-centered agency that provide integrated, evidence based services to those in our community with Autism, Intellectual/Developmental, or behavioral health disabilities. We are looking for those who are committed to a culture of helping; who will strengthen our community and agency through compassion, integrity, and respect. As a member of our team, we are also committed to helping you be your best.
As an Assistant Teacher you will be responsible for developing and implementing an ongoing program of activities that promote the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of each child enrolled in a group, in accordance with Arizona State Standards and Quality First guidelines.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Meet the individual needs of the children.
- Participate in staff and training meetings.
- Design an appropriate room arrangement to support the goals and developmental level of the children in the classroom.
- Interact with the children during worktime to support play, exploration, learning and problem solving.
- Present expectations that are appropriate to the child’s age and developmental level.
- Communicate appropriately and professionally with parents and fellow staff.
- Build teamwork.
- Assist with daily anecdotal record taking, observations and preparing student portfolios.
- Adhere to DHS and Quality First guidelines
Qualifications and Skills:
- You provide person-centered services by putting the interests of the individual receiving support at the center of everything you do.
- You are integrated in your efforts by caring for a person through a team approach, effectively communicating needs, outcome information, and working together to develop better supports.
- You use evidence-based knowledge in your decision-making processes involving care and support.
- You demonstrate compassion to others by being understanding and sensitive to their needs, and act empathetically to where they are at in their life.
- You are a person of integrity by maintaining a high level of professionalism, honesty, and fairness in your relationships.
- You respect individual needs and expectations to be able to provide quality care.
- You build community by ensuring those around you feel valued as members, you celebrate their differences, and you embrace it by giving back.
Benefits and Perks:
S.E.E.K. Arizona has 4 health plans to choose from; plus dental, vision, pet care, and AFLAC. We match your 401k contributions, invest in your continuing education and provide opportunities for tuition reimbursement. Monthly potlucks and continuous training!
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: j1xdUc89yd