Direct Care Provider (Southeast Valley)
Direct Care workers need to be dependable, flexible, creative, and intrinsically motivated to serve children, while continuing to grow themselves, as professionals. Providers are hired for specific needs of a child with developmental disabilities in mind. Habilitation providers work one-on-one with special needs children in the child’s home and/or community. Providers teach and help each child reach their full potential and are a support to the family.
Habilitation is designed to assist individuals in acquiring, retaining and improving the self-help, socialization and adaptive skills necessary to reside successfully in home and community based settings. The service includes the provision of training in independent living skills or social developmental skills, orientation and mobility trainings, sensorimotor development and behavior management.
Job Duties :
- To enable the consumer to acquire knowledge and skills and be a value member of his/her community based on his/her own choices.
- To provide training to increase or maintain the consumer’s self-help, socialization, and adaptive skills to reside and participate successfully with his/her family in his/her own community.
- To assist the consumer in achieving and maintaining a quality of life that promotes the consumer’s vision of the future.
- To adjust the dependence on this service as natural supports become available in the consumer’s home and or community.
- To encourage and develop the identification and use of natural supports and reduce the need for this paid support.
- To submit billing on the 1st and the 16th of every month.
- To submit a monthly Habilitation Summary
- The employee must file proof of hours worked via staff time sheets. Each document must be signed by the consumer/family consumers’ representative as verification of hours.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities :
- Reliable, responsible and resourceful.
- Flexible and passionate about working with children/adults with special needs.
- Experience with safe and appropriate behavior management skills.
- Ability to set healthy boundaries for self and person served.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Three months experience in providing either respite or personal care and have received training approved by the Division of Developmental Disabilities in implementing and documenting performance
- Must complete CORE training prior to providing service.
- Valid AZ driver’s license.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification
- First Class Fingerprint Clearance
- Employees must have their own reliable transportation
- Maintain Article 9 Certification
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.50 to $13.50 /hour
Pay: $10.50 to $13.50/hour
Job Status: Part Time