Direct Care Worker - Habilitation and Respite
Do you love helping others succeed? Are you a compassionate individual searching for a way to make a difference in someone’s life?
At S.E.E.K. Arizona our vision is to strengthen families and communities by helping people be their best selves, through dignity and acceptance. We are a person-centered agency that provide integrated, evidence-based services to those in our community with Autism, Intellectual/Developmental, or behavioral health disabilities. We are looking for those who are committed to a culture of helping, who will strengthen our community and agency through compassion, integrity, and respect. As a member of our team, we are also committed to helping you be your best.
Direct Care Provider - Habilitation / Respite
As a Direct Care Provider, you will be working one-on-one with a child with developmental disabilities as a support to the child's family by providing habilitation and respite services as needed. Habilitation is designed to assist people in acquiring, retaining, and improving the self-help, socialization, and adaptive skills necessary to reside successfully in home and community-based settings. Respite is meant to give the child's caregivers a break. Successful Direct Care Providers are dependable, flexible, and creative staff and are eager help children and young adults be successful and in their home.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Help clients acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to be a valued member of his/her community, based on his/her own choices.
- Provide training to families to increase or maintain their client’s self-help, socialization, and adaptive skills so he/she may reside and participate successfully with his/her family within their own community.
- Assist clients in achieving and maintaining a quality of life that promotes their family's vision of the future.
- Provide support to a families multiple days a week between 3-5 hours per shift. Services are most frequently provided between the hours of 3 and 7 pm as well as weekends.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to obtain a Fingerprint clearance card
- In the process of obtaining a degree in psychology or a related field preferred
- Must have own vehicle to drive to and from client’s home
Benefits and Perks
Gain hands on experience. Flexible schedule. Ongoing and room for growth in the Agency. We offer 4 health plans to choose from plus dental, vision, petcare, and AFLAC. We match 401k contributions.