Direct Support Professional - Habilitation and Respite, Mesa AZ
Do you love helping others succeed? Are you a compassionate individual searching for a way to make a difference in someone’s life?
At S.E.E.K. Arizona our vision is to strengthen families and communities by helping people be their best selves, through dignity and acceptance. We are a person centered agency that provide integrated, evidence based services to those in our community with Autism, Intellectual/Developmental, or behavioral health disabilities. We are looking for those who are committed to a culture of helping; who will strengthen our community and agency through compassion, integrity, and respect. As a member of our team, we are also committed to helping you be your best.
Direct Care Provider - Habilitation / Respite
Direct Care Providers are dependable, flexible, and creative staff who help children and young adults be successful and in their home. They are hired to work one-on-one with a child with developmental disabilities as a support to the child's family by providing habilitation and respite services as needed. Habilitation is designed to assist people in acquiring, retaining and improving the self-help, socialization and adaptive skills necessary to reside successfully in home and community based settings. Respite is meant to give the child's caregivers a break.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Direct care providers help their client's acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to be a valued member of his/her community, based on his/her own choices.
- Direct care providers provide training to increase or maintain their client’s self-help, socialization, and adaptive skills so he/she may reside and participate successfully with his/her family within their own community.
- Direct care providers assist their clients in achieving and maintaining a quality of life that promotes their family's vision of the future.
- Direct care providers typically provide support to a family multiple days a week between 3-5 hours per shift. Services are most frequently provided between the hours of 3 and 7 pm as well as weekends.
Qualifications and Skills
- You are person-centered by focusing on the needs of the person rather than the needs of the agency or the service.
- You are integrated in your efforts by caring for a person through a team approach, effectively communicating needs, outcome information, and working together to develop better supports.
- You use evidence-based knowledge in your decision-making processes involving care and support.
- You demonstrate compassion to others by being understanding and sensitive to their needs, and acting empathetically to where they are at in their life.
- You are a person of integrity by maintaining a high level of professionalism, honesty, and fairness in your relationships.
- You respect individual needs and expectations to be able to provide quality care.
- You build community by ensuring those around you feel valued as members, you celebrate their differences, and you embrace it by giving back.
Benefits and Perks
Gain hands on experience. Flexible schedule. Ongoing and room for growth in the Agency. We offer 4 health plans to choose from plus dental, vision, petcare, and AFLAC. We match 401k contributions.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time
Job Reference #: uN59uxlYfJ