Direct Support Program Manager
The Direct Support Program Manager is responsible for managing direct support and intake teams with daily duties and projects that occur in both field and administrative office settings. This position is responsible for providing oversite to S.E.E.K. Arizona’s coordination of care and support services; by placing qualified staff to intake, coordinate, and provide direct support to the individuals we serve. This position assists in developing client goals, supervising direct support staff, and intake specialists. This position provides direct support to the Direct Support Trainers, administrators, and intake specialists; providing training as needed. The Direct Support Manager reports to the Chief Clinical Officer at S.E.E.K. Arizona.
- Manage team of direct reports, including Lead Universal Intake Specialist, Direct Support Administrator, Direct Support Trainers and oversee supervision of Direct Support Staff.
- Oversee the Universal Intake process to ensure that services are being initiated in a timely manner and free of barriers, according to our vision.
- Delivery of services by Direct Support Staff to individuals and families.
- Monitor and instruct Direct Support Trainers:
- in their development of program goals,
- tailoring of staff training to meet the support staff’s needs,
- monitor monthly habilitation summaries prior to distribution to funding sources,
- and the implementation of services according to the individual’s ISP.
- Ensure there is on-going contact with clients and their families, through quarterly home visits and monthly calls, to ensure their needs are being met.
- Provide clients and their families with information on community resources other supports or services as needed.
- Provide supervision and oversight in the writing and tracking of SMART goals.
- Ensure all staff are orientated to their client prior to service implementation.
- Oversee performance evaluations and competency checks for all Direct Support Staff.
- Oversee continuing education opportunities for all Direct Support Staff.
- Coordination with Human Resources for rapid hire and schedule fulfillment of client intakes.
- Ensure staffing for current clients in need of direct support or coaching services according to treatment plan and ISP recommendations by:
- Overseeing the coordination, scheduling, and substitution of direct support staff in homes.
- Reporting and responding to gaps in service with corrective action plans.
- Tracking, reviewing, and ensuring utilization is meeting recommendations outlined in treatment and program plans.
- Ensure quarterly ISP and CFT meetings are attended and updating goals as necessary to reflect client needs outlined in related planning documents.
- Oversee team who assist with securing and maintaining authorizations from funding sources, so that services are not implemented without authorization.
- Process and resolve payment denials for direct care services ensuring they are addressed on a monthly basis.
- Assist with bi-monthly billing process and quality control.
- Monitor Service Inquiries for potential clients.
- Ensure agency maintains a network of referral sources and community resources.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience working with children and adults of varying ages and disabilities
- Knowledge of the DDD system and contracts
- Knowledge of the behavioral health system and contracts
- Knowledge of goal and objective writing
- Computer & Internet - MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, database
- Office Equipment - fax machines, copiers, scanners, phones, etc.
- Customer Service
- Excellent telephone & interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to multi-task
- Requires flexible work schedule, including weekends and evenings
- Must have the ability to work with little or no supervision
- Must be flexible and support the team as needs arise
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Fingerprint Clearance
- TB clearance
- Organized, attention to detail
- Friendly, courteous & professional
- Confidentiality - HIPPA compliance
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience supporting individuals with developmental disabilities
- Bachelor’s degree Required, Masters preferred
- Minimum 1 Year Supervisory experience
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Lifting up to 30 pounds may be necessary.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: ZFljSePE6R