At S.E.E.K. Arizona our vision is to strengthen families and communities by helping people be their best selves, through dignity and acceptance. We are a person-centered agency that provide integrated, evidence-based services to those in our community with Autism, Intellectual/Developmental, or behavioral health disabilities. We are looking for those who are committed to a culture of helping; who will strengthen our community and agency through compassion, integrity, and respect. As a member of our team, we are also committed to helping you be your best.
As the EHR Specialist you will support all aspects of the EHR implementation, configuration, training and ongoing utilization. You will interact directly with management, clinicians and office staff to configure, test, train, implement and support the use of the EHR software. This position may also include chart scanning and abstractions. As the EHR Specialist will also document work flow and provide MIS reports as identified for staff to succeed at Value Based Performances as identified in contracts. Reports to the CFO and works directly with all end-users of S.E.E.K. Arizona’s EHR system and must be able to report in tandem to other supervisors when assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Serves as the Super-User for the EMR application, help-desk, and log all staff support requests into an internal ticketing system.
- Frequent interaction with clinical staff to identify and resolve user issues and system problems to ensure effective implementation and utilization of EMR.
- Maintains EHR and Active Directory account setup, configuration and coordination with hiring staff as needed, including email and user device setup. Enrolls EMR users, including coordination of e-signature and EMR training completion with HR and program staff, initial assignment and monitoring of EMR user security and privilege levels.
- Conduct both small-group and 1:1 training, education and mentoring sessions with end users as needed. Travel to all related outpatient centers to support EMR onsite training and troubleshooting.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly productivity measurements, utilization and other performance-based reports. Create queries and other reports on-demand. Summarize demographic data as needed.
- May require regularly working outside of normal business hours, including but not limited to evenings, weekends and holidays as needed. On-call coverage is also required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Technology, Health Care Administration (or related area with courses to include health records systems and database maintenance) or equivalent combination of education, training and work experience with a High School Diploma and actively working towards completion of equivalent certifications in Health Information Management systems.
- Able to act as a change agent for cost saving and value-based initiatives to influence and adjust positively to change and follow through on training and assignments with end-users.
- Proficient with PC’s, EMR’s and Microsoft Office applications. Familiarity with SQL. SharePoint experience a plus. Competent in varied analysis, reporting and display software.
- Able to translate clinical and operational business requests into technical requirements for use by EMR and IT vendors.
- You provide person-centered services by putting the interests of the individual receiving support at the center of everything you do.
- You are integrated in your efforts by caring for a person through a team approach, effectively communicating needs, outcome information, and working together to develop better supports.
- You use evidence-based knowledge in your decision-making processes involving care and support.
- You are a person of integrity by maintaining a high level of professionalism, honesty, and fairness in your relationships.
Benefits and Perks:
S.E.E.K. Arizona has 4 health plans to choose from; plus dental, vision, pet care, and AFLAC. We match your 401k contributions, invest in your continuing education and provide opportunities for tuition reimbursement.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: fJx4d71jPL