Electronic Health Records Specialist
At S.E.E.K. Arizona our vision is to strengthen families and communities by helping people be their best selves, through dignity and acceptance. We are a person-centered agency that provide integrated, evidence-based services to those in our community with Autism, Intellectual/Developmental, or behavioral health disabilities. We are looking for those who are committed to a culture of helping; who will strengthen our community and agency through compassion, integrity, and respect. As a member of our team, we are also committed to helping you be your best.
The EHR Product Owner (PO) supports all aspects of the EHR implementation, configuration, training and ongoing utilization. The PO will interact directly with management, clinicians and office staff to configure, test, train, implement and support the use of the EHR software. The PO is responsible for all enhancements and updates related to clinical technology applications. Reports to the CFO and works directly CCO and Clinical Director and all end-users of S.E.E.K. Arizona’s EHR systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Responsible for training employees on use of EHR software
- Subject matter expert with the clinical functions in the EHR applications. Solid understanding of clinical data capture concepts, workflow and regulatory compliance
- Knowledge of PO’s role on scrum team, attending to all formalities including scrum, groom, plan and retrospectives
- Writes user stories and acceptance criteria to create and maintain application logs and align with product roadmaps
- Ambassador of products by working with internal and externa Subject Master Experts to consolidate product requirements
- Collaborates with external project designers for UI related functionality
- Frequent interaction with clinical staff to identify and resolve user issues and system problems to ensure effective implementation and utilization of EHR, adapting roadmaps when needed
- Under direction of management, provides spring goals and direction to project team in alignment with roadmaps
- Tests and demos product to team, stakeholders and users
- Maintains EHR and Active Directory account setup, configuration and coordination with hiring staff as needed, including email and user device setup. Enrolls EHR users, including coordination of e-signature and EHR training completion with HR and program staff, initial assignment and monitoring of EHR user security and privilege levels
- Conduct periodic observations of end-users in their environment to identify areas for improvement and suggestions for workflow redesign and conduct both small-group and 1:1 training, education and mentoring sessions with end users as needed
- Prepare monthly and quarterly productivity measurements, utilization and other performance-based reports. Create queries and other reports on-demand. Summarize demographic data as needed.
- Prior mental health office and help desk experience preferred, more importantly working with customers to solicit requirements and feedback
- Bachelor’s or equivalent work experience in Health Information Technology, Health Care Administration (or related area)
- Subject matter knowledge with NextGen/TopazIS and Sandata
- Attention to detail, excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Able to translate clinical and operational business requests into technical requirements for use by EMR and IT vendors.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: fJx4d71jPL