Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resource Generalist’s competency spans across a broad knowledge of human resources functions, from hiring to onboarding and from employee compensation to evaluation. The performance of the HR Generalist is a range of HR tasks, such as but not limited to: organizing trainings, administering employee benefits and leaves, colleague engagement programs, and assist with drafting HR policies. The HR Generalist helps ensure all employee records are up-to-date and confidential. The Generalist also acts as the main point of contact for employees’ queries on HR-related topics.
Objective of this Role
The goal of this role is to work in tandem with the Human Resources Manager to ensure the HR department’s operations will be running smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization as a whole.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Administer compensation and benefit plans
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes
- Assist with development and execution of colleague engagement activities
- Conduct employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation, and resolve any issues that may arise
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies
- Undertake tasks around performance management
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper (when mandated) form
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organizing team building activities
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations, State Contracts and Policy
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven experience performing Generalist tasks
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Use and knowledge of Paycor
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Desire to work as a team with a result driven approach
* Fingerprint Clearance
* Able to work independently with little supervision
* Confidentiality - HIPPA compliance
- Minimum 2 Years Experience in Human Resources
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or closely related field
Masters Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources and 1 year minimum of Human Resources experience.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Reliable source of transportation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. Lifting up to 30 pounds may be necessary.