Infant Room Teacher
The Infant Teacher is responsible for the care, supervision and management of a class of Infants (6 wks-12 months age) in accord with the goals and curriculum of S.E.E.K. Early Learning Center. The principal duties of the Infant Teacher include conduct focused observations of children, develop action plans, carry out activities daily and evaluate the effectiveness of child development activities, ensure the safety and well-being of the children, maintain regular communication with parents, and contribute to the effective operation of the overall early learning center. The Infant Teacher reports to the Center Director.
- Job Responsibilities:
- Plan and conduct an effective child development program to meet the physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs of each child. This should be done based on the goals and general curriculum plan of HighScope.
- Ensure that child care routines are carried out in a manner that is prompt, hygienic, and consistent with the good child development principles. This includes routines related to diapering, hand washing, eating, napping and transitioning between activities.
- Ensure the safety of children through constant supervision, effective arrangement of space, proper maintenance of equipment, and regular practice of fire drills and other emergency procedures.
- Operate the classroom in compliance with all child care licensing standards, and S.E.E.K.’s Employee and Policy Handbooks.
- Create an open, friendly, and cooperative atmosphere in which children and families feel comfortable and secure.
- Provide experiences that promote individual expression through conversation, play and creativity.
- Provide a variety of language stimulation activities.
- Ensure that parents receive adequate information about their child's experiences at the center through daily contacts and scheduled parent conferences.
- Maintain written records designed to evaluate each individual child via the VB-Mapp
- Promote and nurture parent-child bonding and relationships.
- Greet infants and their parents warmly and with enthusiasm each morning.
- Initiate classroom activities daily (sing-a-longs, art projects, sensory exploration, outdoor stimulation).
- Display children’s creative art work in the classroom, changing monthly.
- Provide daily care individually to each infant, including but not limited to diapering every 2 hours and feeding on demand.
- Observe children to detect signs of illness, injury, abuse, neglect, emotional disturbance, or other special needs, and report these signs immediately to the Director.
- Use equipment and supplies safely and conscientiously, keeping physical environment clean and orderly.
- Always maintain confidentiality of child and family information.
- Inspect the school site and equipment for potential safety hazards; taking corrective action or informing the Director to prevent injuries.
- Contribute to the operation of the center by participating in staff meetings and sharing information gained through attendance at workshops and professional reading.
- Work as a member of a team to ensure continuity and a high standard of quality in all classrooms in the center.
Education and Experience:
- At least 2 years experience working in a daycare/school room environment with children under the age of 2.
Work Environment and Expectations:
S.E.E.K. Early Learning Center views each child as an individual with a unique developmental profile. Through age appropriate programing, S.E.E.K. serves children age 6 weeks to 5 years. We strive to achieve the highest level of professional development, build a community where families feel connected to one another and to create a healthy environment for the children and teachers who care for them.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: bvmvjYbzmB