Life Skills Aide/Paraprofessional
Do you love helping others succeed? Are you a compassionate individual searching for a way to make a difference in someone’s life?
At S.E.E.K. Arizona our vision is to strengthen families and communities by helping people be their best selves, through dignity and acceptance. We are a person-centered agency that provide integrated, evidence-based services to those in our community with Autism, Intellectual/Developmental, or behavioral health disabilities. We are looking for those who are committed to a culture of helping; who will strengthen our community and agency through compassion, integrity, and respect. As a member of our team, we are also committed to helping you be your best.
As a Life Skills Aide you will be responsible for the students in the Life Skills Academies under the direct supervision of the Life Skills Teacher. Life Skills Aides assist the Teacher to help improve the quality of students’ lives (through skill acquisition) and replace challenging behaviors by teaching and reinforcing desirable ones. Life Skills Aides will work with the students individually or in a group, providing behavioral interventions and addressing the child’s behavior and needs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in the implementation of daily lesson plans: promote independent living skills, consumer relation skills, social skills and health and wellness skills.
- Implementing behavioral interventions with the students
- Open flow of communication with team and supervisor.
- Create a safe learning environment and assist with classroom management.
- Daily data collection on target behaviors and designated training goals.
- Documentation of daily and monthly progress.
- Professional and friendly interaction with parents, family members, staff and visitors.
Qualifications and Skills:
- You provide person-centered services by putting the interests of the individual receiving support at the center of everything you do.
- You are integrated in your efforts by caring for a person through a team approach, effectively communicating needs, outcome information, and working together to develop better supports.
- You use evidence-based knowledge in your decision-making processes involving care and support.
- You demonstrate compassion to others by being understanding and sensitive to their needs, and act empathetically to where they are at in their life.
- You are a person of integrity by maintaining a high level of professionalism, honesty, and fairness in your relationships.
- You respect individual needs and expectations to be able to provide quality care.
- You build community by ensuring those around you feel valued as members, you celebrate their differences, and you embrace it by giving back.
Benefits and Perks:
S.E.E.K. Arizona has 4 health plans to choose from; plus dental, vision, pet care, and AFLAC. We match your 401k contributions, invest in your continuing education and provide opportunities for tuition reimbursement. Training and ongoing professional development.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: sAPEMpqH0e