Life Skills Aide
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00pm-8:30pm
S.E.E.K. Arizona's Life Skills Aides are responsible for the students in the Life Skills Academies under the direct supervision of the Life Skills Teacher. S.E.E.K. Arizona Life Skills Academies are designed to help individuals reach their full potential. Life Skills Aides assist the Teacher to help improve the quality of students’ lives (through skill acquisition) and replace challenging behaviors by teaching and reinforcing desirable ones. Life Skills Aides will work with the students individually or in a group, providing behavioral interventions and addressing the child’s behavior and needs.
- Assist in the implementation of daily lesson plans: promote independent living skills, consumer relation skills, social skills and health and wellness skills.
- Implementing behavioral interventions with the students
- Open flow of communication with team and supervisor.
- Assist with classroom management.
- Create a safe learning environment.
- Daily data collection on target behaviors and designated training goals.
- Documentation of daily progress.
- Documentation of monthly progress.
- Professional and friendly interaction with parents, family members, staff and visitors.
- Training and ongoing professional development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The selected individual must be able to demonstrate that they have strong collaborative skills as they are a part of a team; problem-solving skills that will assist with the success of the child and family; effective people skills as this is a service oriented environment; verbal and written communication skills; and organization skills that support a multi-tasking position.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have a Valid Arizona Driver's license and a clean 39 month record.
- Must have the ability to work with little or no supervision
- Must be flexible and support the team as needs arise
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Fingerprint Clearance
- RBHA trainings
- OBHL requires that employee is at least 21 years of age.
- Organized, attention to detail
- Friendly, courteous & professional
- Confidentiality – HIPPA compliance
- High School Diploma and 6 months experience implementing behavioral interventions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. Lifting up to 30 pounds may be necessary.
Job Status: Part Time