At S.E.E.K. Arizona our vision is to strengthen families and communities by helping people be their best selves, through dignity and acceptance. We are a person-centered agency that provide integrated, evidence-based services to those in our community with Autism, Intellectual/Developmental, or behavioral health disabilities. We are looking for those who are committed to a culture of helping; who will strengthen our community and agency through compassion, integrity, and respect. As a member of our team, we are also committed to helping you be your best.
The Medical Biller /Accounts Receivable Assistant supports the S.E.E.K. Arizona team with daily duties and projects. This position is responsible for submitting claims and follow-up with insurance companies and contract claims. This position processes and monitors incoming payments and secures revenue by accurately verifying and posting payments in a timely manner. This position reports directly to the Outpatient Clinic Manager at S.E.E.K. Arizona.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for all facets of medical billing including data entry, payment posting, claims appeals, customer service and follow-up in accordance with practice protocol and compliance with Medicaid and Third Party payers.
- Process any appeals and corrected claims necessary for HCBS and therapy for DDD as well as any and all claims for all other Medicaid and Third Party payers.
- Verifies client’s insurance eligibility and obtain any authorizations that are needed prior to services.
- Export claims for insurance only (except for MMIC and CRS) and enter into the appropriate billing software.
- Contact families and verify and explain benefits for clients that do not have a payer of last resort such as DDD or MMIC.
- Work with the Therapy Liaison to ensure that payments are processed and collected for co-pays, deductibles and fees for insurance only and private pay clients.
- Verify payments for private pay and insurance only clients are posted in vTrack.
- Acquire documents needed to be in compliance with insurance companies and AHCCCS, DDD and MMIC such as prescriptions, authorizations and insurance information.
- Receive and enter billing from therapists and other providers, ensuring correct and accurate information through the process using a variety of billing software.
- Data entry of behavioral health billing ensuring correct and accurate information through the process using a variety of billing software.
- Post all payments received into the appropriate billing software including co-payments, insurance payments and patient payments in accordance with practice protocol and with accuracy.
- Make appropriate adjustments in accordance with practice protocol.
- Follow-up on all outstanding insurance claims at 60 days from date of service to ensure claims adjudication.
- Follow-up on all returned claims, correspondence, denials, account reconciliations and remits on a weekly basis.
- Process refunds to insurance companies, contracts and/or clients as needed.
- Review payments and reimbursements from contracts and insurance companies to ensure rates are accurate.
- Prepare and review statements for insurance and member aging, dates of service, practice analysis, unapplied payments/adjustments reports, deposits and production reports on a semi-monthly basis.
- Keep team apprised of matters regarding billing charge entries and charge status, making appropriate changes for corrected billing resubmittals.
- Keeps documentation and notes in clients’ accounts in the various billing software.
- Professional and friendly interaction with clients, visitors, staff and the public.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential. All information requires HIPPA compliance
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Maintain an organized, efficient and professional work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
You provide person-centered services by putting the interests of the individual receiving support at the center of everything you do.
You are integrated in your efforts by caring for a person through a team approach, effectively communicating needs, outcome information, and working together to develop better supports.
You use evidence-based knowledge in your decision-making processes involving care and support.
You demonstrate compassion to others by being understanding and sensitive to their needs, and act empathetically to where they are at in their life.
You are a person of integrity by maintaining a high level of professionalism, honesty, and fairness in your relationships.
You respect individual needs and expectations to be able to provide quality care.
You build community by ensuring those around you feel valued as members, you celebrate their differences, and you embrace it by giving back.
Benefits and Perks:
S.E.E.K. Arizona has 4 health plans to choose from; plus dental, vision, pet care, and AFLAC. We match your 401k contributions, invest in your continuing education and provide opportunities for tuition reimbursement.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9WlnHQsE9o