Natural Setting Speech Language Pathologist 1099
S.E.E.K. Arizona is a family-centered agency providing dynamic programs and therapy services to pediatric and young adult populations with developmental disabilities and behavioral health needs in the Greater Metro Phoenix area. Our agency focuses on all aspects of a client’s development offering individualized, developmentally appropriate and comprehensive services in treatment so that each person may reach their potential.
We are seeking out certified Speech and Language Pathologists who are passionate, caring, and eager to deliver pediatric therapy services to our client population. This role will be servicing client's in their natural, home setting.
Join S.E.E.K. Arizona and have the chance to work with an integrated team of other Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Behavior Analysts, Counselors, and Special Educators that provide integrated health care services in a variety of settings: Outpatient Integrated Clinic, our developmental Preschool, client’s home, and community. You will have opportunities to advance and grow professionally within the agency and we will provide you with excellent opportunities to network, collaborate, and/or co-treat with additional professionals including other therapists, behavior analysts, counselors, and special educators.
Complete therapy evaluations to individual clients utilizing standardized assessments and/or clinical observations within required time frame
Provide ongoing clinic and/or home based skilled therapy services to clients based on their current medical prescription
Monitor clients’ progress and adjust treatments accordingly
Write and maintain proper documentation of information including the initial evaluation, treatment, progress, and discharge of clients in timely fashion as required by S.E.E.K. Arizona
Work with Professional Therapy Liaison on new referrals, caseloads and cancellations.
Exhibit professional and friendly interaction with children, families, visitors, staff, and the public.
Expected to represent S.E.E.K. Arizona in the highest professional manner, whenever acting as a therapist in the clinic, the client’s home, and when out in the community
Maintain client confidentiality at all times.
Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Prior pediatric experience preferred
- Knowledge and practice with developmental disorders including, but not limited to, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Down’s Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Developmental Delay, Intellectual Impairment, Sensory Processing Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, etc.
- Exhibit understanding with writing letters of medical necessity for durable medical equipment, additional therapy services, etc.
- Friendly, courteous, and professional attitude
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Can work effectively in both quiet and noisy environments
- Be able to work within client’s home and/or natural setting as well as at therapy clinic.
- Have reliable transportation for home and natural setting appointments
- Requirements for Speech and Language Pathologists:
- Current Arizona license and CCC’s (Certificate in Clinical Competence) from ASHA (American Speech-Language and Hearing Association)
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification
- Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Article 9 certificate
- Valid Arizona driver’s license
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Speech and Language Pathology from an accredited school
- Current Arizona state license in Speech and Language Pathology
- Current Certificate in Clinical Competence in Speech and Language Pathology
- We have Clinical support and we integrate with ABA teams to get help where you need it!
TOGETHER WE’LL HELP EACH INDIVIDUAL REACH THEIR FULL POTENTIAL.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: qwXYwzdAsm