Pediatric Occupational Therapist Assistant(COTA)
S.E.E.K. Arizona is a family-centered agency providing dynamic programs and therapy services to pediatric and young adult populations with developmental disabilities and behavioral health needs in the Greater Metro Phoenix area. Our agency focuses on all aspects of a client’s development offering individualized, developmentally appropriate and comprehensive services in treatment so that each may reach their potential.
S.E.E.K. Arizona’s multidisciplinary pediatric team of Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Behavior Analysts, Counselors, and Special Educators provide integrated health care services in a variety of settings: Outpatient Therapy Clinic, Therapy House, client’s home, schools, and community. We are a small but growing clinic that recognizes quality over quantity. We are seeking out Occupational Therapists (OTs) and Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants (COTAs) who are passionate, caring, and eager to deliver pediatric therapy services to our client population. Our company philosophy encourages creation and design of programs and treatment plans that benefit clients and their families. You will have opportunities to advance and grow professionally within the agency and we will provide you with excellent opportunities to network, collaborate, and/or co-treat with additional professionals including other therapists, behavioral analysts, and special educators.
Our team of pediatric Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, Counselors, and Behavior Analysts has immediate openings for experienced and motivated Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants to work full time, part time, or contract positions in multiple settings.
- Complete Occupational Therapy evaluations to individual clients utilizing standardized assessments and/or clinical observations
- Provide ongoing clinic and/or home based skilled Occupational Therapy services to clients based on their current medical prescription
- Provide home program activities on a weekly basis as well as through quarterly progress reports to caregivers and/or parents
- Monitor clients’ progress and adjust treatments accordingly
- Write and maintain proper documentation of information including the initial evaluation, treatment, progress, and discharge of clients in timely fashion as required by S.E.E.K. Arizona
- Exhibit professional and friendly interaction with children, families, visitors, staff, and the general public
- Expected to represent S.E.E.K. Arizona in the highest professional manner, whenever acting as a therapist in the clinic, the client’s home, and when out in the community
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times
- Demonstrate a team-oriented approach with clients as much as possible
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Pediatric experience preferred
- Knowledge and practice with developmental disorders including, but not limited to, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Down’s Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Developmental Delay, Intellectual Impairment, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Sensory Processing Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, etc.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of sensory integration techniques, how to facilitate appropriate and functional muscle movement, how to promote better handwriting skills, familiarity with self-regulation tools and techniques, how to promote greater independence with self-care/self-help skills utilizing adaptive equipment as necessary, etc.
- Exhibit understanding with writing letters of medical necessity for durable medical equipment, additional therapy services, etc.
- Familiarity with the following standardized tests: BOT-2 (Bruininks-Oseretsky Test of Motor Proficiency), PDMS-2 (Peabody Developmental Motor Skills), VMI (Beery-Butenika Test of Visual Motor Integration), and Sensory Profile
- Ability to develop and/or implement individualized client treatment plans for problems such as decreased strength, coordination, motor planning, poor handwriting, poor self-regulation, sensory processing issues, or decreased independence with self-care and/or self-help skills based on own assessments and recommendations of physicians, psychologists, or social workers
- Ability to create individualized home programs for clients and/or their families to follow
- Ability to write functional and measurable outcomes that should be met within a specific time frame
- Be knowledgeable and somewhat proficient in the following applications: MS Outlook, MS Word, and MS Excel
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills
Our comprehensive benefits package for full-time Occupational Therapist includes:
- Competitive salary,
- group health insurance,
- dental and vision,
- life insurance,
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match,
- paid malpractice,
- sign on and referral bonuses,
- paid holidays,
- paid time off,
- paid no-shows/cancellations and report writing time,
- and CEU stipends.
Skills / Requirements
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification
- Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Article 9 certificate
- Valid Arizona driver’s license
- Experience in working with the pediatric populations is preferred
- Friendly, courteous, and professional attitude
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Can work effectively in both quiet and noisy environments
- Be able to work within client’s home and/or natural setting as well as at therapy clinic
- Have reliable transportation for home and natural setting appointments
- Master’s or Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited school; or
- Completion of an Occupational Therapy Assistant program that is accredited through the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education
- Current license from NBCOT (National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy)
- Current license from Arizona Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners
If you are passionate about working with children and their families and are seeking an environment that encourages teamwork with a multi-disciplinary approach, then come S.E.E.K. us out!
Job Status: Part Time