Monday-Friday 8am-5pm or 9am-6pm
S.E.E.K. Early Learning Center is a small school with big ambitions. Our early education specialists and teaching staff are highly qualified professionals who share S.E.E.K. Early Learning Center’s mission to make our community a better place through high quality, inclusive education. We are a three-star rated school with Quality First.
- Are you creative, compassionate and dedicated?
- Do you have a positive attitude and a happy disposition?
- Are you looking to belong to a school that is committed to providing the best possible learning environment for children, families and teachers?
- Are you looking for administrators that support, value and understand what is needed to succeed in the classroom?
If so, come join our team!
- Supervise Assistant Teachers in the absence of the Lead Teacher.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the daily lesson plans in accordance with AZ Standards under the direction of the Lead.
- Open flow of communication with ELC team and Director.
- Participate in parent/teacher conferences.
- Create a safe learning environment.
- Attend to children’s basic needs: Feeding, dressing, and changing their diapers as appropriate
- Data collection for each student portfolio.
- Maintaining DHS guidelines of health and sanitation.
- Maintain Quality First policies and procedures.
- Greet parents in the absence of the Lead. If parents have any concerns, re-route parents to discuss their concerns to Lead Teacher.
- Training and ongoing professional development.
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Willing to work in all ELC rooms as needed.
- Clean and sanitize toys, materials, plush toys, table and chairs. Adhere to cleaning checklist.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Reliable, responsible and resourceful.
- Self-starter and self-directed within a team setting.
- Age appropriate tasks/developmental skills for children.
- Flexible and passionate about working with all children.
- Able to create a nurturing and inviting environment.
- Experience with fine motor, gross motor and sensory needs of children.
- Classroom management skills.
- Computer & Internet - MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel.
- Excellent telephone & interpersonal skills.
- IEP knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with safe and appropriate behavior management skills.
- Ability to set healthy boundaries for self, staff and children.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE)/related field; or
- National Accreditation Commission (NAC)/ Child Development Associate (CDA)/ Certified Childcare Professional (CCP) or
- Associate’s degree in ECE/related field; or
- High school diploma with 6 months’ experience; or
- Knowledge of DHS licensing guidelines.
- First Aid and CPR certification.
- Fingerprint clearance.
- Food Handler’s certification.
- Tuberculosis (TB) Clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Job Status: Full Time