Registered Behavior Technician-RBT-ABA Therapist
The Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) works with the client and family to help improve the quality of their lives and replace challenging behaviors by teaching and reinforcing replacement behaviors through implementation of researched based, functional interventions, designed by a Master’s level professional. RBT’s work directly with the child and family through providing behavioral interventions per the plan. In addition, the RBT is expected to attend weekly meetings, complete ongoing trainings, show proficiency in graphing data, and meet all BACB requirements in order to maintain credential. The RBT should operate within the framework of S.E.E.K Arizona’s goals, policies, and procedures.
Schedule varies by client and depends upon need. Services are generally scheduled Sunday through Saturday, between the hours of 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM. In addition, the selected individual must have a flexible schedule to meet the support needs of the family and client.
The RBT reports to the direct supervisor and clinical supervisor.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, 1 year of full-time experience implementing behavioral interventions, or
- Associate’s degree, 2 years of full-time experience implementing behavioral interventions, or
- High School Diploma and 4 years of full-time experience implementing behavioral interventions
- A minimum of 12 months of experience working in home, school and community settings with individuals with special needs
- Experience with Applied Behavior Analysis
Valid RBT certification through a BACB approved curriculum
The selected individual must be able to demonstrate that they have strong collaborative skills as they are a part of a team, problem-solving skills that will assist with the success of the child and family, effective people skills as this is a service oriented environment, verbal and written communication skills, and organizational skills that support a multi-tasking position.
- Basic computer & internet knowledge; MS Word
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have a valid Arizona driver's license and a clean 39-month MVR
- CPR and first aid certification
- Valid fingerprint clearance card
- Must complete and maintain all RBHA training requirements
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Lifting up to 30 pounds may be necessary
- Completing all components of Safety-Care training
- Push, pull, reach, stoop, and bend
- Physically assist the client per the physical needs
- Walking stairs
- Walking and standing for long periods of time
- Stamina to play various outdoor games
- Capability to run short distances
- Ability to sit on the floor to play games or assist when needed
Pay: $15 to $20/hour
Job Status: Part Time