As S.E.E.K. Arizona's Staff Accountant you will support the accounting team with daily and monthly duties and projects and reports directly to the CFO at S.E.E.K. Arizona.
- Reviews general ledger accounts and performs monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepares recurring and adjusting journal entries
- Maintains general ledger chart of accounts
- Posts weekly, monthly and quarterly accruals
- Provides financial reports for management review
- Prepares monthly allocations and recurring journal entries as needed.
- Works closely with AR team in revenue management and recording and ensure timely AR collections and cash flow projections.
- Supervision of Accounts Payable and Payroll Administration
- Create and maintain periodic statistical and financial reports
- Reconciles bank accounts.
- Assists with annual budgeting
- Cross-trains with other accounting positions to provide support during staff absences.
- Performs other duties as assigned-list is not intended to be exhaustive. Job description may be modified as needed to comply with actual department needs..
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Skill in organization and detailed work.
- Discretion with sensitive information including medical records and agency confidentiality.
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Time management skills, meets deadlines and prioritizes tasks
- Analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Can work effectively in both quiet and noisy environments
- Professional and friendly interaction with clients, visitors, staff and the public.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance
- 2+ years related work experience
- Prior behavioral health care experience greatly desired
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel including v-lookup and Pivot tables
- Microsoft Access, Crystal Reports or similar knowledge
- Experience working with queries in a variety of databases with working knowledge of ODBC import/export files between databases
- Preferred candidates have Quickbooks experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. Lifting up to 30 pounds may be necessary. Job requires long periods of sitting and repetitive motions. Must have car and driver’s license to commute between multiple company locations when needed.